The Condoriri range is arguably one of the most varied "mini-ranges" in the Cordillera Real. This trek gives you a strong flavour of its diversity. Crossing 4 mountain passes - one each day - and passing three beautiful and vast lagoons, it really is an assault on the senses. The high altitude requires that you be reasonably well acclimatised to enjoy this trek, but it is not extremely physically demanding.
|Price per person (USD)|
|Groups of 2||$455|
|Groups of 3||$410|
|Groups of 4||$375|
|Groups of 5+||$350|
Early departure from La Paz in vehicle to the valley of Kotia where we begin our trek (4,300m). Trekking along the base of the Cordillera Real, we make our way to the beautiful Laguna Ajuani, where we make our camp (4,420m).
Continuing along the range, we cross two passes of 4,800m before descending into the valley of Juri Khota. Camp beside the lake of the same name, at 4,300m
Continuing along the range, we pass a stunning hanging glacier before taking on the challenging Austria pass at 5,100m. After crossing the pass, we descend into the Condoriri valley and camp at the Condoriri base camp at the shores of Laguna Chiar Khota.
Today we make our way to the community of Tuni, crossing our final pass (4,900m) before trekking along the border of the Tuni reservoir, which supplies water to the city of El Alto. At Tuni our vehicle awaits us for our return to La Paz.
Trekking Kit List
Provided by Bolivian Mountains
- Tents (2 person, North Face or similar)
- Thermarest and roll mat
- Cooking utensils (stoves, pans, plates, cups etc.)
- Dining tent.
Recommended Personal Trekking Kit List
- Backpack (25-30lts recommended size)
- Kit bag or larger backpack for bulk of kit (porters, mules or llamas carry)
- Sleeping bag (3-4 seasons)
- Walking boots
- Torch/flashlight (with spare batteries)
- Waterproofs – tops and bottoms
- Sun hat/cap and warm headware
- Clothes for temperatures from -5ºC to 26ºC (treks generally vary from high to low altitudes)
- Sun cream
- Water bottle