A mid and high-mountain trek which starts in Sorata and heads up to a beautiful lagoon fed by a magnificent hanging glacier which travels down from between the mountains Illampu and Jancohuma.
|Price per person (USD)|
|Groups of 2||$500|
|Groups of 3||$460|
|Groups of 4||$430|
|Groups of 5+||$400|
Departure from La Paz to the village of Sorata. From here we start our ascent into the Lakatia valley, setting up camp in the community of the same name. Camp at 3,800m
Trek up to the mysterious lagoon Chijllata, at 4,200m where we will set camp.
High mountain trek which takes us up to the only mountain pass in the area, where we will find abandoned mines and spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The Laguna Glacial is our final camp spot, where we will camp at 5,030m.
Return by the same route to Sorata, arrival in Sorata late afternoon, and transfer to La Paz
Trekking Kit List
Provided by Bolivian Mountains
- Tents (2 person, North Face or similar)
- Thermarest and roll mat
- Cooking utensils (stoves, pans, plates, cups etc.)
- Dining tent.
Recommended Personal Trekking Kit List
- Backpack (25-30lts recommended size)
- Kit bag or larger backpack for bulk of kit (porters, mules or llamas carry)
- Sleeping bag (3-4 seasons)
- Walking boots
- Torch/flashlight (with spare batteries)
- Waterproofs – tops and bottoms
- Sun hat/cap and warm headware
- Clothes for temperatures from -5ºC to 26ºC (treks generally vary from high to low altitudes)
- Sun cream
- Water bottle